Friday, August 28, 2015

The French hurdlers have missed the podium – Sports.fr

They were three French on Friday in the final of 110m hurdles in Beijing Worldwide, but Pascal Martinot-Lagarde, the podium (4th, 13”17), Dimitri Bascou (5th, 13”17) and Garfield Derrien (8th, 13”34) beyond the expected medal. Gold returns to Russian Serguey Shubenkov, that breaks the mark 13 seconds (12”98).

Being three final, it is a force! ” Like everyone tricolor clan, seeking a third medal in Beijing, Laurence Bily, head of the sprint, believed in the unprecedented density of French hurdlers able to count three in the final of 110m hurdles on Friday, the seventh day of the World, to climb on the podium hoped by all.

This is missed. Ten years after the coronation of ladji doucouré in Helsinki, his heirs miss the charm. Starting with the record holder of France, a Pascal Martinot-Lagarde who fails at the foot of the podium, dominated by Russian, double European champion (2012 and 2014), Serguey Shubenkov (24), the only one able to break the bar of 13 seconds (12 “98), new record of Russia to the key before the Jamaican hansle parchment (13″ 03) and the American Aries Merritt (30). Olympic champion in London, credited with his best performance of the season (13 “04) and probably never carried his name as well, who, four days after the World Championships, will receive the kidney to his sister to treat a rare genetic disease.

I tried to take all risks, do nothing and keep dint of being too involved, I broke the barriers, but no regrets!

On the occasion of his first world finals, Martinot-Lagarde, he harbored” any regret “after this fourth place (13″ 17). “ It satisfies me, it was my first time in a world final, this is happiness! I was already 4th in junior, long ago if he recalls the microphone of France Televisions. Whatever happens, I have no regrets, I applied the instructions given. It was really successful I left. I tried to take all the risks, it nothing must keep and by dint of being too involved, I broke the barriers, but no regrets! “, repeats the first of the French. ‘ When you look at the podium is fantastic! This podium was far away. But I still learned a lot today . ”

In its aftermath, Dimitri Bascou fifth at the same time (13 “17), adopted a on the same topic speech:” must not have any regrets, it is close to my to record hundredth. Small things that I have not been to the maximum of my abilities says he hot. Shame not have French to get the coin, it’s still a very good championship for me, where I am finalist. This is a good start, I hope there will be many others. I do not let the matter! “The third thief, Garfield Darrien was mostly done with the means of the day.

Eighth and dead last in 13″ 34, just behind the other American title holder David Oliver, totally spent next to his race, the silver medalist Euro 2010 and 2012 revealed an injury. “ I kept that to myself, but before the semi-final, I had a little ” fart “ to the adductor. I was already not fully , he says. I missed final push after, I was the urge, it was a final! This is instilled in me Teddy (Tamgho) and my father. I had two years of struggling, next year, there are games, and I will do everything to be there . ” Appointment is made for the formation finish in Brazil is its realization.

LikeTweet

No comments:

Post a Comment