Tuesday, October 13, 2015

Tennis: Federer eliminated input in Shanghai by Ramos-Vinolas – Le Parisien

13 Oct. 2015, 2:44 p.m. | Update: 13 Oct. 2015, 2:44 p.m.


“I often had difficulty negotiating the first round here where we must adapt to the conditions on the surface, to bullets, “said the Swiss, which was the return to the circuit after his final defeat at the US Open before the world No.1, Serbian Novak Djokovic. Federer
had indeed saved five match points last year before beating for his opening match Argentina’s Leonardo Mayer.
“The bullets are very different than those used elsewhere last year, I was lucky, not this year, too bad, “said Federer, who lost Monday its second spot worldwide in favor of Andy Murray.
Before Tuesday “Roger” had crossed once Vinola Ramos on its way, in the 1st round at Wimbledon in 2012, where he had crashed 6-1, 6-1, 6-1. The Spaniard has lost a final on the circuit to his credit, in Casablanca in 2012 while it has achieved its best ranking (38th) in May of the same year.
“He has improved a lot since then,” Federer noted about his conqueror, who will meet in the 3rd round the French Jo-Wilfried Tsonga.
“When he beat me, it was my first Wimbledon, and I had not felt well for this match, “said Ramos Vinola, the lowest ranked player to beat Federer in the ATP for more than two years. “But then when I saw that we were at the same level in the first set, I thought, OK, maybe I can make a good match.”

& gt; Come discuss and ask questions on our forums!

LikeTweet

No comments:

Post a Comment