Monday, October 19, 2015

Platini: “What annoys me the most is to be put in the same bag as the other” – Eurosport.fr

         Michel Platini came out of his silence. The French spoke in the columns of the World to return to his involvement in an investigation of Sepp Blatter and the suspect payments from the Swiss that earned him 90 days to be suspended by the ethics committee International Federation. In turmoil, Platini still wants to run for the presidency of FIFA. And hopes for a quick solution to their situation.
       

“I was suspended for three months but what annoys me the most is to be put in the same bag as the others. I find ashamed of being dragged through the mud. For the rest, my lawyers follow FIFA procedures and seize the Court of Arbitration for Sport if necessary. I hope that all this will go quickly. “

         
           The interview with Michel Platini on lemonde.fr
         
       

         Platini took the opportunity to explain the history of this famous payment of 2 million Swiss francs (1.8 million euros) seen in 2011. A sum negotiated in 1998 when Blatter had requested assistance from when Platini Joao Havelange successor at the head of FIFA. The French in particular has confirmed the absence of a written contract, as Switzerland had said on Friday citing a “gentleman’s agreement” between the two men. “ It was a man’s man stuff , he said. I trusted. In any case, I have since learned that Swiss law, a contract Oral is considered a written contract. In any case, he was elected and I began to work in September.
       

         Platini, who worked among others on the reform of global competition schedule, evokes “ a problem in the salary ” Blatter as to why he is not hit in the first months. Then says he did not claim his due after finishing work for Blatter in 2002, when he entered the executive committee of FIFA, because he was not in need. “ But I should have to ask for an acknowledgment of debt and thus, none of this would have happened “, he regrets however.
       

Michel Platini and Sepp Blatter in 2012 – AFP

         Platini ended up touching the sum in question in 2011. “ I have asked my services to make contact with the management of FIFA’s finances who asked Blatter if he owed me money , he said. And he said yes. (…) I was paid ten days later without that FIFA does not make any trouble and I paid my own expenses and taxes on this sum, quite normally. Frankly, if there was any doubt, FIFA refused to pay me and I would have also been very annoyed because beyond five years, are prescription and can refuse to honor a debt . ”
       

         Finally, the French do not exclude that Sepp Blatter is behind these revelations that could cost him the validity of his candidacy for the presidency of FIFA. “ I do not know , he said. Let’s say I have my doubts. Anyway, all that came out from the time when I asked his resignation and where j ‘I was a candidate. I am the only one who can ensure that FIFA again become the home of football but whenever I approach the sun, like Icarus, it burns all over.
       

LikeTweet

No comments:

Post a Comment