Sunday, October 25, 2015

Lorenzo: “Watching the other driver and put the leg to make him fall, it’s disturbing” – Eurosport.fr

         In Sepang, Jorge Lorenzo (Yamaha Factory) was the big winner. Even finishing second behind Dani Pedrosa (Honda HRC). Nadal nibbled some points to his teammate and rival Valentino Rossi to return to 7 units in the Championship. Above all, it will start the Grand Prix of Valencia in a strong position, since the Italian will start from the back of the grid after being penalized for his clash with Marc Marquez (Honda HRC). A fact that Por Fuera race commented at length in the press conference.
       

         
            With this second place, you still pick up points. Even if everything will be different in Valencia because Valentino Rossi will start from last place on the starting grid. Are you satisfied ?
       

         Jorge Lorenzo I’m happy with my race because in these conditions of extreme heat, it is always difficult to fight until the end. We knew that Dani is very strong, especially in acceleration phases during which it notes the bike incredible way. This became very complicated to accelerate as hard as him when the rear tire started to deteriorate and I could not follow his pace during the second part of the race. The race was physically very demanding because it was very hot, much more than the previous days. But I am happy with this 2nd place.
       

Jorge Lorenzo (Yamaha Factory) ahead of his teammate and rival for the title, Valentino Rossi during the Malaysian Grand Prix in 2015 – AFP

         
            What do you think of the situation in the championship now? You will have a big advantage over Rossi. This makes the race very different (from what it could have been) in Valencia?
         
       

         JL: To be honest, I heard the verdict (the race director, Ed). I do not think this is a good decision because he took out Marc. It is therefore dropped it marks the point zero, while Valentino brand 16 points. I do not think it’s fair, but maybe thanks to his name, he escaped a scoring penalty this time.
       

         
            What happened when you have exceeded Marc Marquez?
         
       

         JL: He lost a little control under braking and he opened the door a little, I took advantage.
       

         
            Have you seen the pictures of the incident?
         
       

         JL: Yes, I saw them once. It’s unbelievable. I looked but I could hardly believe it, it would never have occurred to me to do something of the sort, never in my life. In this kind of turn, you are really on the maximum angle and make this gesture with the leg, it’s amazing. But that’s what happened. The race direction has made a decision, we must respect it but to be honest, I do not understand.
       

Jorge Lorenzo to Pedrosa sides on the podium of the GP of Malaysia – AFP

         
            What would have been the proper punishment for you?
         
       

         JL: At a minimum, Valentino should score as many points as Marc. Without this action, Marc would be dropped and he would probably finish 3rd or 4th. So if he does not finish and did not score any points, Valentino should do the same. Share-with less aggression, other drivers have already secured much greater penalties. But his name is very important for the discipline and no doubt thanks to that, he had no penalty points (in the championship, Ed). We must respect that decision, I’m not part of the race director, I was not involved in the clash but I repeat that I do not understand it.
       

         
            Did you go into the office of the race directors to request the exclusion of Rossi and is that the team defended him?
         
       

         JL: No, I stayed behind the hall (the race director, Ed) and I do not know if the team believes that the penalty is fair or not. I think the team should seek a more just penalty but I do not know what his intention.
       

         
            What overall vision do you have this?
         
       

         JL: My team told me that there had been a lot of overtaking but there was no contact like the one in question. Coming from a driver known as a great champion, I do not think this type of action is a good thing. A contact, that’s one thing. Push the other motorcycle straight is another. View another driver and put the leg to drop, it’s disturbing.
       

         
            Given that Rossi will from the back of the grid in Valencia, how do you see your chances of being world champion this season?
         
       

         JL: Valentino If part of the grid bottom and it rains, it will be returned to 1 or 2 turns. If it’s dry, it will probably be more problems (to go up, Ed). But it may well be world champion and that would not be a correct way to win the title after what happened today. If this happens, it will not be a great champion. He will have won the title at the first races of the championship but not on this one.
       

Jorge Lorenzo (Yamaha Factory) set the fastest time in free practice of the Grand Prix Malaysia 2015 – AFP

         
            After this incident, will you still respect for Rossi?
         
       

         JL: Not only me, but many other people have lost the consideration they had for him as a sportsman. This is an incredible driver, maybe the best in history but as a sportsman. I believe that many people change their minds about him. He has already done similar things in the past but today it was worse.
       

         
            Why did you leave in the middle of the podium ceremony?
         
       

         JL: Because I was very tired. In the closed park, I was like this (he mimics vertigo, Ed), my view was not very good and on the podium, I needed to rest and drink water to stay upright.
       

MotoGP: Podium Lorenzo – Eurosport

         Find more articles on GP-inside
       

LikeTweet

No comments:

Post a Comment