Tony Parker in discussions with Gregg Popovich in a pre-season game against the San Antonio Spurs Houston Rockets, 23 October 2015 – Darren Abate / AP / SIPA

NC with AFP

To forget a disappointing 2014-2015 season disrupted by injuries, the French point guard Tony Parker of San Antonio changed his summer preparation: “I do not have 25 years,” warned “TP”, aged 33 who wants to wear the shirt of Spurs to his 38 years.

After the elimination in the first round of the playoffs last season, what is the purpose of the Spurs for the season starting Tuesday?

The objective is the title. Being champion is always the goal since I was a player the Spurs. There are a lot of expectations with the arrival of new players, including that of LaMarcus Aldridge, it’s very exciting. “LMA” will help me a lot, this is a great shooter, he’s a good player “pick and roll”, we really wanted it to be a Spurs player. It can open up opportunities

& gt;. & Gt; Read also: 2016, the year Rudy Gobert NBA

From a personal point of view, how do you feel

I feel good? better than last year at this time. For me, the goal is to stay healthy. I really want to turn the page on last season: the first two months went well, but once I got my hamstring problems, it became difficult, this happens during a career there ups and there are low. I do a lot of different things, I have one hour before the start of training for many heating. I spoke with a number of people, like Steve Nash how he was preparing in the second half of their career. It’s not like when I was 21, I can not get two minutes before the start of training, this is my new reality. I would do anything to regain the level of our latest title. I still want to play a long time I have before me a fine example with “Timmy” (Duncan, 39).



Participation in the All Star Game is it part of your goals?

I do not have numerical targets, in terms of stats or anything. My goal is to be healthy if I’m healthy, I know that I play well. Last season was my first year with an injury. It was hard to accept, it took me all summer to accept, I accepted it, I do not have 25 years, if I want to play at my best, it takes more time.