Friday, May 29, 2015

Gael Monfils: “The guy who wants to beat me here, he will have to be … – Eurosport.fr


         
            Gael, the blow came very close, but you are still here. How did you manage to get away?
         
       

         GM: As I always say, Paris is different. Paris is magical. So I’m still here. I do not know how, but I’m still here. The guy who wants to beat me here, he will have to be really strong. And it will be very, very, very hard for him. Anything can happen here. Absolutely everything. I feel I am able to show new emotions, new tennis side of me they do not know.
       

         
            You know you have tied a record for the largest number of games won in five sets at Roland Garros: 10. That makes you what ?
         
       

         G.M.: I’m lucky, I guess. You know, if I could win in three sets, I do not Generais me to do it.
       

         
            Tell us a bit what is there in your head for Cuevas 4-1 in the fourth set …
         
       

         GM: Honestly, at 4-1, I say, OK good, plays a point after another and see. I thought that if I could take one of the two breaks, Pablo could begin to tense up. To be a little unsettled. I tried to focus on me simple things, play as if it was me who was leading 4-1. There, there is a point, then on the second, I do not know if you remember, but there was a long rally and he forced a forehand to finish. A big mistake. There, I said to myself: “ There is something to do “.
       

         
            Psychologically, you feel the rocking this time?
         
       

         GM: Sometimes there are things that we feel as a player. He began to take a little less time between points. That sometimes I feel that the other player in front, will miss anything. It feels. And I had the impression that he was beginning to feel that way. I thought: “ It’ll make crazy “.
       

Put together Monfils – Eurosport

         
            The public has helped many you too, right?
         
       

         GM: Yes, I started to focus on this, and the public really pushed me, pushed. At 4-4 in the fourth, it was crazy. In fact, it’s been crazy all set.
       

         
            This is the story of a resurrection that game …
         
       

         G.M.: I am a phoenix (laughs).
       

“Against Federer, I will rely on myself, on my game”

         
            You have experienced many emotions at Roland Garros. Where do you place it?
         
       

         G.M.: All games are different. Maybe I enjoy most because I’m older now. But it’s been awhile since I had not won a match like that being well led.
       

         
            A Cuevas 4-1 in the fourth set, you think Roger Federer was happy?
         
       

         GM: I do not know, you have to ask him.
       

         
            Federer, exactly. You beaten during your last two matches, on earth. Where can you best support you? Monte Carlo, because it was the newest, or the Davis Cup, because it was in three winning sets, a big challenge, much like here?
         
       

         GM: Frankly, neither on specially. I will rely on myself, on my game. The way I’m going to start the match, I want to dictate my game. And how to answer the questions he will ask. Because it raises many questions about Roger field. Here it is different, it is at Roland Garros, he has already beaten three times. What I would like most is that there is not too much wind.
       

         
            A word to finish on Jan De Witt, your coach but also that of Gilles Simon. Two matches in five sets on Lenglen, you have not spared …
         
       

         G. M. He is dead! (Laughs). He laughed, he said: “ If you keep it both, in two years I’m dead .” But honestly, I think he likes it. He’s happy. He was proud of us. When Gilles won, he was super happy. And then I just saw him, he was super happy, super motivated. He’ll be here tomorrow morning at 10 am, ready to support us.
       

Gael Monfils explodes with joy – Roland Garros 2015 – AFP

LikeTweet

No comments:

Post a Comment