Thursday, December 25, 2014

Fabregas, the ace of the pass – BBC Sport

Best European smuggler, Cesc Fabregas will be one of the major assets of Chelsea against West Ham on Friday at the traditional Boxing Day.

Cesc Fabregas does not wait for the Christmas period to make gifts. With the Spanish, the present is all year round. Since his professional debut, there are more than ten years, the midfielder has made a specialty “feast” appearance. This season is no exception to the rule. All competitions, the number 4 Chelsea has issued no fewer than 15 assists. A total that made him the leader in this field among the major championships. And allows his team to pose as national Scarecrow (leader with only one defeat in the counter) and European (unbeaten and qualified in first place in Group G) when addressing matches the orgy of Boxing Day.

I think really playing the best football of my career now.

– Cesc Fabregas

“I do not remember ever played as well and take as much pleasure, welcomed the player 27 years last month . I think really playing the best football of my career now. “ A feeling that has not diminished since then, as evidenced by the last match against Stoke City (0-2), where Fabregas has offered the first goal from a corner to John Terry, before scoring the second himself. If replacing Oscar leads to the Britannia Stadium, it is a step behind, alongside Nemanja Matic, which has given a new Iberian his career after three years halftone in Barcelona. “This is my best position, he confided recently . I better control the game. I touch the ball all the time, I’ll get it right, left, if I can get Oscar goes down … I feel free and confident. Sometimes, in recent years, I had to play in attack, and I did it for the good of the team, but that’s my current position I feel best. “

Starisé at Arsenal, where he was found at the highest level, Fabregas dreamed of becoming a prophet in his own country when he joined Barça, his first club in 2011. But despite more than respectable statistics (42 goals and 47 assists in 151 games), the graft never really took until his transfer to Chelsea last summer. “L The idea of ​​returning to London has played a big role, he revealed in the British press. For me it is the best city in the world. Of course, Barcelona is my home, I have my family and all my friends there, the weather is great and we are a nice house, but there is something about London that my wife and I love. From the moment I decided to leave Barcelona, ​​I knew I was going to return to the Premier League.

The record Thierry Henry in sight
In the UK, the Spaniard found her – good – metronome habits (best passer in 2007 and 2008). Since the takeover, it is the player who created the most chances to score (54) passes the more passes behind the Citizen Yaya Toure (1205 against 1285), and thus gives the most assists (12 16 matches). At this rate, it could bring down the record set by Thierry Henry in 2002/2003 (20). “There are few players like Fabregas in the Premier League, both intelligent, technical and have the physical ability to win duels welcomes José Mourinho, who should again have his permanent appointment of the pass Friday in the derby against West Ham (1:45 p.m.).

Read also

LikeTweet

No comments:

Post a Comment