Thursday, January 21, 2016

VIDEOS. Australian Open: Ferrer ends the career Hewitt – Le Parisien

The former No. 1 was beaten 6-2, 6-4, 6-4 by Spaniard David Ferrer, seeded No. 8. At 34, the winner of the US Open in 2001 and Wimbledon in 2002 still has the double play with countryman Sam Groth. Then he can devote himself to his new role as captain of the Aussies in Davis Cup.

“He was too good for me tonight,” said Hewitt, tears in eyes, on Rod Laver Arena at the end of the meeting. “I am proud of my career, I have always given 100%,” he added. “I was very lucky to be here twenty years in a row. This will take me a few days to complete, “he said. “This is the perfect place to end,” he launched for public address, his children by his side.

“For me, it’s just an idol, Ferrer assured. Whatever happens in my career, it will be a very special night for me (…). I have little idols, but he gave me a T-shirt 7 years ago. I have a museum home and this is the only tennis player’s shirt I own. “

VIDEO. Hewitt: “I gave everything I had”

VIDEO. Ferrer: “Hewitt was an idol for me”

Hewitt has therefore offered a final last stand before his audience. This is also in Melbourne he signed his last great journey Grand Slam in 2005. He then reached the final, where Marat Safin had ended his coronation dream. The following year, poisoned by injuries, he was ejected from the top 10.

Winner thirty titles on the ATP Tour (half before 2003), the Davis Cup twice, the Australia has made the transition from the Sampras-Agassi generation and the arrival of Federer – born like him in 1981 – Nadal and Djokovic other. His “fighting spirit” has made its reputation with its famous “come on.” Not having the vista of a Federer, Hewitt has used his weapons: an iron will, an impressive speed and a developed sense of anticipation that made him a formidable blocker

<. p> Feisty, he created many controversies for, among others, described in a short grass “potato field” during a Davis Cup match in Brisbane, having found “stupid” the Australian public or yet claimed the replacement of a line judge at the US Open because he had the same skin color as his opponent, James Blake.

His marriage to Bec Cartwright, famous television actress Australia, his three children and the suffering caused by its multiple operations somewhat rounded character. Now captain of Australia, he will try to bring Bernard Tomic, nick kyrgios and Thanasi Kokkinakis, great hopes of his country to the top. Faced with David Ferrer, it is still possible to treat the referee to “fool”. They never change.

VIDEO. Ferrer-Hewitt, highlights

VIDEO. The last minutes of the last game of the career Hewitt


LikeTweet

No comments:

Post a Comment