Rolland Courbis in his first press conference in Rennes, January 21, 2016. – L. Venance / AFP

Jeremy Bolt

Presented before a crowd of journalists Thursday in the Piverdière, Rolland Courbis (or “Courbix” as he thinks baptism) dealt extensively before his first match on the Rennes bench on Friday against the Gazélec Ajaccio (20 h 30). Excerpts follow.



The ex-advisor is not against an advisor

“What happens to Philip [Montanier] happens to coaches we are. One day we replaced; one day, we replace. But if in the coming weeks, he had to come a technical adviser with the President and the coach, I give you my word: I would welcome with great sympathy. It might look what happens, come to training and in the locker room to talk with the players, give notice that I listen or not. He could attend the talks, come to the games. All that, I have not had the pleasure of having it, but find myself on the front line, it’s exciting. “



Respect for Montanier, though …

” If I regret that Philippe had not opened her door to me for ten days? No, although I was a little surprised. On the other hand, I was there to accept and adapt. Philippe thought it was the best solution, and I got bent quite logically. After, if you can ask him … This is not it suit me, but you’d details that I can give you. “



Winning is good; win with the way it’s better

“I know the sentence:” There are only the result that counts, regardless of the way. ” I try to fight this kind of sentence that I find stupid. If the way and the match is good, the result was still more likely to exist. Suppose you win 1-0 in the 93rd minute, because a defender Gazélec mark against his camp by becoming home rule for 89 minutes … This victory would make me very pessimistic. “



Go as high as possible (almost)

” The number of Stade Rennais must allow it to be fearsome in Ligue 1. I do not see how optimism shock. The objective is to be in the top six, and not necessarily in 6th place. The second is an arithmetic possibility. The current second championship [Monaco] is fifth or sixth course. As is the objective of Rennes, I tell myself that the fifth or sixth usual can finish second this year. “

Keywords: