Monday, January 25, 2016

Tim Duncan and Manu Ginobili, united like new – BasketUSA

NBA USP: GOLDEN STATE WARRIORS AT SAN ANTONIO SPUR S BKN USA TX

Since the draft Tim Duncan in 1997, San Antonio n ‘ has never played one season with 50 wins, apart of course from that of the lockout in 1999, a feat that takes just as much to the presence of the future Hall of Famer as the excellent architecture designed by the brains of the franchise, enough ingenious to surround throughout his career inside of talented players. Among them, the most emblematic are obviously Tony Parker and Manu Ginobili, Tim Duncan teammates in four of his five titles. This is now thirteen years since the three of them often coexist for better, more rarely for worse, as any sporting epic, it will close itself as one day.

It is common knowledge that today almost happened through the fault of Chris Paul when the latter decided to end the season in a Texans fatal shot in Game 7 of the first round of the playoffs.

Devastated, the Spurs have long thought that this defeat was synonymous with the end of an era and it is for this reason that they celebrated their common history by a baked good that evening, widely publicized on the web. The hangover the next day, however, was otherwise less enjoyable.



“This is a large group and this adventure was fabulous,” and was released on the eve Gregg Popovich going on holiday.

Manu Ginobili still wanted to be reassured

Both free agents, then aged 39 and 37, Tim Duncan and Manu Ginobili so aroused the biggest fears among Spurs fans: after such a disappointment, these two legends of the game they were going to return? The answer was long in coming and for good reason, they had to recharge batteries more than ever flat. Of the two players, it’s the Argentine who has most questioned. Afterwards, it says that three men helped her return. Tim Duncan, Gregg Popovich and LaMarcus Aldridge

“Before I left on vacation, I TD talked a little and then again at Pop Pop in my decision making, “recounts Manu Ginobili in the San Antonio Express-News. “Having helped feel wanted. They both told me about it. That made me feel good that this is not an act of charity, the one to please the old man. The fact that they told me need me made my return easier, especially by looking at the final, the game began to fail me. “

Recently, Kobe Bryant told that Manu Ginobili was, like him, born the same rage. This energy, this passion for the game have never extinguished after defeat in the first round. Although he doubted the Argentine star had not yet said its last word.



“I started to feel that I was not ready for become a pensioner, and I decided to continue. I wanted to take this challenge. Sometimes it takes a little change, a challenge but when you see that LaMarcus Aldridge is part of the team, it is not at all a question. It’s very exciting and we have very high goals “

Tim Duncan.” I wanted the return of Manu, it was extremely important “

Without Argentina, San Antonio would probably remain a very dangerous team this season but there is no doubt that part of his soul would be dissipated. Less expansive about retirement, Tim Duncan has finally released a few words to describe how the return of his teammate was a relief.



“It was extremely important for me, “he says. “I wanted here, I wanted it back. This would have been a huge disappointment not to have it with us. “

The interior had made his decision before his teammate. His return was synonymous with the arrival of LaMarcus Aldridge, and vice versa. Nevertheless, Tim Duncan has also thought long, especially for his family. The agreement of his two daughters, aged 9 and 7 years old, was the trigger.



“They both said yes … after a long time. Then it was up to me to see if I was mentally and physically capable of charging me to prepare myself the way I wanted to. “

The fountain of inexhaustible youth

8.9 point to 50.6%, 7.5 rebounds, 3 assists and 1.3 against 25 minutes for Tim Duncan, and 10.3 points 46.9% and 3.4 assists in 20 minutes for Manu Ginobili, both veterans of course produce the lowest numerical campaigns of their careers, but these figures do not translate well their incredible efficiency. Moreover, the Argentine could well claim the title of best sixth man, which speaks volumes about the quality of his campaign.

At a time when some of their peers are struggling at the same age, both players manage their efforts to perfection.

“I do not understand Tim Duncan is not how, “says Alex Len. ” It does not make sense. I feel old already for 22 years. After 30 games, my knees and my back is sore. I do not know how he does that at his age. It’s incredible, he keeps his regime, he takes care of him. What impresses me the most about him is that when young people come to train in the summer, he was the first guy to the room and he does everything with them: warm-ups, sprints. Manu and others can rest for some sprints but Duncan did each exercise. “

” It makes no sense, “that is word for word the phrase used by Steve Kerr, the current coach of the Warriors, when commenting longevity Texans . Today aged 50, he counted among his teammates the last “Big Three” of the Spurs, it was thirteen years ago … and they always play. In a league where the pace is frenetic, where the champion five years ago may choose two years running a lottery pick, where a coach can pack his bags six months after an NBA Finals, San Antonio and its “Big Three “are still there, unchanging. For how long?



“I will retire when I have decided,” the loose indecipherable Tim Duncan.

Manu Ginobili and feature both an option for next season and given him the team’s performance, a new campaign can not be excluded. As for Gregg Popovich, who will soon take over the head of Team USA who promised LaMarcus Adlridge, retirement is something he does not even consider.

LikeTweet

No comments:

Post a Comment