Tuesday, January 19, 2016

Rafael Nadal eliminated in the first round: “More aggressive than me” – The Équipe.fr

“You were leading 2-0 in the fifth set before losing the next six games. What happened ?
He played unbelievably in the last set. He had a lot of success on all full-power batted balls. I must commend him for that. He was more aggressive than me, he took more risks and he won. But I would not say that the real problem lies in the fifth set.

Where do you stand?
the first set. I am not happy with the way I played at the beginning. He did not play so well at that time … By losing this set, I was put under pressure. I have shown myself more aggressive in the second and third sets.

And the fourth?
I have not fallen so much but he made the break immediately leaving an incredible play. I managed to come back, I put myself in position to win the match 6-5 for me (and 0-30 on the Verdasco service) really well but he negotiated the following . After that, there’s this tiebreak where he balance of bombs. I think he played much better today than it has done in recent months.

“It’s a totally different story. I was training super good and was working so much … “

This is only the second time you lose input in Grand Slams. We guess it must affect you …
It’s a tough loss for me, obviously. Especially since it has nothing to do with last year, when I arrived in Australia playing badly and not feeling ready (he lost against Berdych in the quarterfinals). This time, it’s a totally different story. I trained really well and so was working. It’s hard to say that you have worked so hard and when the important event happens, you come out so early. It’s hard but at the same time, I know I did everything I could to get ready. It was not my day. There is no other way than to continue to train hard, the same way that these last four or five months. “

LikeTweet

No comments:

Post a Comment