Monday, June 8, 2015

Powell said he was surprised by the performance of Gatlin – Sports.fr

Asafa Powell, just winning a Marseille 100m in 10 “05 (-2.4 m / s), continues on Tuesday in another rural setting, namely the meeting of Montreuil. The Jamaican returned very strong this season with a 9 “84 in Kingston. Not as much as Justin Gatlin in Doha stratospheric (9 “74) then in Rome a few days ago (9″ 75). “Afasta” barely mask his irony …

Asafa, you inspired the big return of Justin Gatlin? Are you surprised?
He ran very well, bravo to him ( smile, then a long silence ) … Back to beating his personal best the first race of the season, it is somehow surprising, yes. That’s all I can say.

He says he does not feel his 33 years. And you, do you feel your 32 years?
In the head, yes. But in the legs, I still feel very strong and I always run very well. My legs, my body, everything works fine.

What does it mean for you to run in a stadium like Montreuil, where the spectators are close to the track?
It is the same for me, big or small stages … We must always give his maximum, we are always focused on the race. People always make noise. Only the competition day, that’s for sure, and he must go.

For several years, a number of Jamaicans are under the spotlight. Returning as well, is also a message from you to the Worlds?
I always loved seeing new athletes arrive and run well. It’s not boring. They do what it takes and I have to fight against myself, I too must do what it takes. I do not really have to prove something to me, is more compared to people who see that I can still do it … It’s very hard.

How ARE_C your career? Is it the end?
I do not know, I still have a few years but not much … I really want to finish on a good note, make sure I achieve what I can. If I go to Worlds and I do not get a gold medal, will I still be happy if I gave the maximum. But if this is not the case, it will be very complicated.

Can you stop before the Olympics?
No ( smile )! I’m very strong, I am the second fastest this season and it shows that I’m still here.

One last word about Usain Bolt. Do you think he can still beat his world records?
I do not know, it depends on him ( smile ). You know what he is capable, but in his life, I do not know if a perfect race happen again for him … You just see what will happen.

LikeTweet

No comments:

Post a Comment