Friday, April 1, 2016

Swimming: Cute Stravius ​​and qualified for the 100 meters freestyle Olympics, Manaudou eliminated – The World

Le Monde | • Updated | By

Jeremy Stravius ​​during the 100 meters free on April 1 in Montpellier.

eyes on the scoreboard, Florent Manaudou has the grumpy mine, to the measure of his disappointment. Ending Friday 1 st April in the evening, the first two places in the 100m freestyle, the highlight of France Championships which end Sunday at Montpellier, Jeremy Stravius ​​(47 s 97) and Clement Mignon (48 01 s) have deprive him of involvement in the distance queen at the Rio Games (5-21 August). The minimum being set at 48 s 13, the verdict is clear: Stravius ​​and Mignon directly validated their tickets for the Olympic high mass at the expense of Manaudou third (48 s 10)

. disillusionment is so much greater than the distance before Montpellier, only the Marseillais had achieved the minimum clock, signing, in early March, the second best performance of the year. In Rio, the swimmer will have to settle the relay and, except surprise, the 50m freestyle, he will play this weekend. “I wanted to succeed in qualifying on the two distances, but when I see that I swim 48 s 10 s then it will take 47 2 47 3 s for the title at the Olympics, I have no regrets , said the swimmer at the end of the race. I am qualified for the 4 × 100 m of the Games and I still have the 50 meters freestyle, I’ll try to retain my title, “, said the Olympic champion in the distance.

Stravius, strongman championships

within the Circle of swimmers Marseille, fielding at the final five swimmers in eight, the surprise came from Clement Mignon already author Friday morning, the best time of the series (48”49). Swimmer, 23, who had distinguished himself at the World Kazan in August 2015 for a false start as rare as comical (judge for more), will compete in her first Olympics in Rio.

At ‘after an amazing sprint Stravius, who won the 200m freestyle on Wednesday retains his title of champion of France about 100 m, already acquired the surprise in 2015. “I was not expecting to achieve this level then this afternoon, this morning I was a little outside of my race, has responded Amienois leaving the basin . You had to leave quickly. I knew my strong point was the second 50, I saw that I went up on Flo [Manaudou] and it put me in confidence. ”

Stravius, which failed in 2012 to qualify individually, is poised to meet the challenge that was launched in September abandon his favorite swimming , back, to devote himself to crawl. “Me qualifying games, it was the first step. I hope to go after. It would be sensational “, he told the outcome of the podium. To raise tension, minutes before the final sprint, the public pool of Antigone was treated to a parade of Olympic, ‘Kiki’ Caron Roxana Maracineanu through Malia Metella, Hugues Duboscq, Alain Bernard and Amaury Leveaux. One notable absence: Laure Manaudou

Agnel, retired after Rio

Meanwhile, Yannick Agnel, in extremis qualified for the final, did.? never able to compete Friday night (7 th in 49 s 14). After the series in the morning he returned to the 200 incredible Wednesday night. “Okay, I want the bar, I keep your head up” reported the adoption Mulhousien, now waiting to hear the verdict of the Federation. “I will submit to their decision, he promises. I think it’s Wednesday [April 6] list. If the decision of the Federation is irremediable, I alignerai me on the 4 x 200, and I will do with great pleasure, pride and fervor.

after the 100m on Friday Agnel hinted he would retire after the Rio Games: “I went through moments not necessarily easy all these years, I’m already happy to claim a qualification for Rio and perhaps also to defend my title [200m]. I am both sad because it’s hard not to achieve the same lap times before with such ease and at the same time, I think it takes ten times more courage to come behind the plot . This is probably my der, but I’m not going to make the announcement here … “

Read also: Swimming: in the confusion, Yannick Agnel private Olympics 200m

Already shaken by the “Agnelgate” the France Championships qualifiers for Rio saw slightly fiasco. Blame the minimum levels required by the French Swimming Federation (FFN), which, as and when the races are proving virtually out of reach of swimmers and swimmers. The facts are simple: since Tuesday, only two swimmers directly validated their ticket to Rio: Coralie Balmy, realizing the reference time over 400m freestyle, and Charlotte Bonnet, 200 m freestyle. In men, only Stravius ​​and Mignon had made the 100m freestyle.

But, according to the selection criteria specified by the FFN, “the national technical director reserves the right to you increase or decrease a selection under the project swimmer. ” So is the Olympic trials far suspense to an end

Read also:. Swimming: how Yannick Agnel might be saved water

LikeTweet

No comments:

Post a Comment