Friday, December 4, 2015

Aulas on Fournier: “If things go worse, I will not remain a prisoner of my principles” – Eurosport.fr

         
            Jean-Michel Aulas, for 20 years, you have only one coach fired during the season, Guy Stéphan in 1996. Is it a principle to which you no longer dérogerez?
         
       

         J-M.A. If I imagined that I had to separate myself a coach, I would. It is not a principle, it’s just a belief. Statistically, it never changes the course of a spectacular season. Lille and Troyes, who changed coaches this year, are still in a situation very different from ours. Certainly we did a detestable European campaign. However, we are not far from the second place which remains our priority. Change coaches, it is a difficult surgery. It is more likely to harm the club emotionally and image than otherwise. But that does not mean I never will.
       

         
            But you still had to face some headwinds. One thinks of elimination in the Coupe de France against Libourne Saint-Seurin in the heart of a difficult period under Paul Le Guen, appalling relations between Claude Puel and Gerland or a technical staff which tears the time of Alain Perrin .. .
         
       

         J-M.A. : Good thing I kept Paul Le Guen with which we finished champion three consecutive years. Claude Puel, we achieved our goal by qualifying us for the Champions League even if at the end of his term, it was I who managed the executives of the locker room and the media because they did not want to hear about it. Same with Alain Perrin. Players wanted more but we signed the league and cup double. When I kept confidence in my coaches, our objectives have been achieved.
       

Jean-Michel Aulas (Lyon) – AFP

“We have still a coach who lost three matches in a week and a team that is disintegrating”

         
           
             Remi Garde, he has not reached its goals during its last season finishing 5th. Yet you still want to keep …

         
       

         J-M.A. Yes, but the border between the 2nd and 5th place is sometimes very thin. In this case, I did not want to risk any destabilizing. It is also a question of experience, felt. Loulou Nicollin has made the right choice by keeping Rolland Courbis that same season he asked. He also is a President with great experience. I must admit that I tend to preserve the identity of my technical team and then the coach in place. We must go beyond the event. I have to make the best decisions, not the most superficial, whatever the opinion of the media or the coffee trade.
       

         
            Have you ever regretted maintain your confidence too long a coach?
         
       

         J-M.A. : No, I do not regret anything. It has always been European. It is a great pride to qualify for the European Cup for 19 consecutive seasons. There has never been a year too long. And then, there was never a question of changing management. This will cause fear among those who would be called upon to take over OL. Or a coach must be confident, do not feel the sword of Damocles over the head. But if I have to fire a coach because it is in the interests of my club, I will. The emotional happens after I am first a conscious entrepreneur results. To take the example of Guy Stéphan (note: last landed by Lyon coach during the season), his dismissal came after a 7-0 at Auxerre. On that day, says Guy Roux’s team OL dropped her coach, she did it on purpose to lose. It was a heartbreak to separate from Guy because I am attached to people but the institution is stronger than the emotional.
       

Jean-Michel Aulas, the president of Lyon – 2015 – AFP

         
            As at that time, it seems that this season, your players, too, dropped Hubert Fournier in respect of their last two benefits. But you supported and cleared your coach so far …
         
       

         J-M.A. (He cut) I would not go that far. We have still a coach who lost three matches in a week and a team that is disintegrating. To be frank, I was not to go to Nantes but I canceled my appointments to be with my players. I had to show I was there to reassure them. I must not give the impression that I am in a management that never slice to the heart. Otherwise I can lose players who could curl up on themselves. I discussed with them collectively and individually. Similarly, I will go to the snack Friday to show that the club is there with them.
       

“There is no full control of the locker room”

         
            For the first time, you seem to put some pressure on the shoulders of Hubert Fournier …
         
       

         J-M.A. I do not put pressure on anybody, I just feel the reality and I’m listening to my players. When I observe the output Beauvue against Nantes who will not even shake hands with his coach, it makes me sad. Especially from a boy who tripled his salary and which has been given the opportunity to play the Champions League.
       

         
            In your mind, Hubert Fournier is it in danger today?
         
       

         J-M.A. For the moment, we are on the precipice to 3 points 2nd place 3 points but also the 10th. Everyone may have to undergo a decision that is not usual but can save the club. If things go worse, I will not remain a prisoner of my principles. He came out of the things in the press leaks. Including the letter written to players or chat. All is not right. But I actually spoke to my players in privacy. But if these things come out, is that there is no total control of the locker room.
       

Fournier with Valbuena – AFP

         
            Do you feel that players have dropped in the last two games against Montpellier (2-4) and Nantes (0-0)?
         
       

         J-M.A. No, they did not let their coach. But players are worried. I saw them as they wanted to be sure that their president saw clear, I do defended by Hubert Fournier principle.
       

         
            Do as your players, you’re so worried?
         
       

         Yes, I am worried but I am used to these crisis situations. The thing I have to deal rationally. Saturday we play our last match at Gerland in Ligue 1 side to a candidate to the podium (note: face Angers). It’s an important game.
       

         
            Hubert Fournier he plays his place on the front bench in Angers?
         
       

         J-M.A. : Joker. This is too binary question. We can lose by signing a great performance. I remind you that we hit the poles 12 times this season …
       

         
           
             René Girard could it be called in to help in cases of poor performance Saturday?

         
       

         J-M.A. I do not know why that name was released but that is wrong. If we had to change coaches, we would turn us towards a successful coach ever lately.
       

LikeTweet

No comments:

Post a Comment