Tuesday, December 22, 2015

Michel Platini: “Whatever happens, I will have taken it on the chin” – The Équipe.fr

“I’m fighting against this injustice, courts in court, he added. But, hey, that during this time, my name is thrown in pasture in the press. Whatever happens, my image has been tarnished, I have taken it on the chin. I was put in the same bag that Blatter. “ The internal justice of the International Federation has been penalized for a controversial payment of 1.8 million euros from Sepp Blatter outgoing president of the world body, also suspended for the same period.

“My innocence will be recognized”

Considering that there were “position abuse” , “conflict of interest ” and “unfair management” , the members of the adjudicatory chamber of the Ethics Commission did not spare the two men, who have always denied the allegations. That is why today Platini does not accept his punishment. “The people of the Ethics Commission are more involved in a matter of timing – to prevent me to report in time for the election to the presidency of FIFA – and backbiting in ethics . They are not ethical, they are pathetic “, he retorted.

If it was suspended, Platini was not convicted of bribery, one of the charges against him. “Thank goodness! Corruption is non-existent in this case, he highlighted. I’m leaving anyway the principle that the truth will come out, that my innocence will be recognized. I am blamed what? Ah yes, I should have said to the executive committee of FIFA: “oh by the way, FIFA owes me money, it’s going to pay” . And we would have answered me: “Yes, so what?”. And today I am reproached for not having said that. It is shameful. Everyone its business, it was not up to me to inform the Executive Committee but to those who paid me. “

” It’s rather a victory considering that the judge appraise FIFA had demanded the lifetime ban against me “

Used to win on the field during his career, Platini seems determined to get to the truth, whatever the price. That is why it is trying to stay positive, clinging to the slightest sign in his favor. This suspension, it considers the “not as a defeat.” “It’s rather a victory considering that the judge appraise FIFA had demanded the removal lifetime against me, he recalled, before ironic about this whole affair and these consequences. The radiation lifetime! And why not ? Let’s go for that matter! What fun! “

LikeTweet

No comments:

Post a Comment