Saturday, September 19, 2015

Vincent Labrune goes behind the scenes of the Marseille transfer window – Sports.fr

The day before to face Olympique Lyonnais in the shock of the sixth day of Ligue 1, Vincent Labrune was expressed in the columns of L’Equipe Magazine. The president is particularly stirred Income of the club. Excerpts.

The starting Bielsa

“On August 8, I’m in shock after our defeat (0-1 against Caen, Editor’s note). When I learn the resignation Marcelo Bielsa of is the absolute amazement! How can I have expected? Even if the starting two days earlier of his right arm Van Winckel challenged me. I’d rather look like a fool to lie, but even today, his departure is incomprehensible. We took time to tame us, but once overcome the jolts of the start of 2014-15 season and spent the cultural barrier, we have built a relationship of trust. “

His relationship with the Argentine technician

“I am told that Marcelo has not been kind to me, he smashed me in conference release … But has he ever been kind to a club president or federation? I have taken on me to work with him, he let go. It is in a bubble, lives in opposition its referents. I reject the idea that escaped me. Yes, there have been misunderstandings. Between us, it was sometimes the grapevine, with employees who do not repeated it all about my fear of getting angry with him and mine who did not understand everything. “

In order not to die stupid, my name is Jürgen Klopp

Vincent Labrune

The tumble after the title of champion of Fall

“The Fourth of May Square is a sporting failure is a fact! We had one of the best people in Ligue 1 and, given the huge efforts made in 2014 to bring Bielsa and his entire staff and to keep our best players, even if they leave open this year (Gignac, Ayew ), the objective of management was to finish first or second. When the team plunged early 2015, is criticized me for not stopping the fall! You think I was sleeping? There is no president more present than me with his staff and his group. By January, I alert about things that concern me. But when he officiates, Marcelo Bielsa still has the full responsibility of the athlete. So if it works, it is thanks to him, and if that does not work, do not explain to me that it is the fault of the President! There are ways to explain the collapse of the team: relaxation of some players, physical overwork, tactical reasons … But they reply: ‘. No problem, everything is fine’ Marcelo, he 60 years is a kind of absolute genius of football tactics. It does not explain him his job. If we want to do that, we take the guardian of the parking lot as a coach! “

Choosing Michel

” Within twenty-four hours after the Marcelo departure, I received forty service offerings. I have ten days to find the right person. Not to die stupid, my name is Jürgen Klopp (former Dortmund coach). He declines. An agent, Mariano Aguilar, propose Michel. As crazy about football, that name makes me react. (…) Of the forty candidates, I deviates thirty. I really look at four cases. We do not retain the nominations (Luciano) Spalletti and (Walter) Mazzarri. (…) I met Roberto Donadoni, former great midfielder of AC Milan. A third man I rather not mention is racing. Arbitration is finalized by the shareholder. She is excited about Michel. It stops there. “

Gignac Departures and Ayew

” André Ayew and André-Pierre Gignac left OM for zero euro this summer, and I am accused of mismanagement. They had huge contracts signed in 2009-2010 before I became president. Since 2014, we want to sell them, the evidence we bought Alessandrini and Batshuayi to replace them. It was not possible for lack of deals that interest them, and we do not put a gun in the mouth of a player to sell or diminish his salary … We must understand that soccer is the only sector of activity where the employee has more power than the boss, the players decide everything. So we opt for another arbitration. Considering that André formed the club, we win on the pitch the theoretical price of his transfer, is € 7 million. This he did by its goals and assists that allow us to hold on fourth place. Same reasoning for Dede Gignac, marking 21 goals. Our goal was to keep them to hang the Champions League. We played, we lost. That’s life football. And this is not just a disease Marseille. Since 2014, three of the biggest salary OL – Gourcuff, Gomis and Briand – left free. And, next year, will leave free Lavezzi PSG. “

LikeTweet

No comments:

Post a Comment