Saturday, July 11, 2015

Tour de France. Alexis Vuillermoz: “I have the pellet” Froome attacking – Ouest-France

The French Alexis Vuillermoz winner in 27 years of the 8th stage of the Tour on Saturday in Mûr-de-Bretagne, believes that “despite (its) humility” natural, he “demonstrated nerve” to win in front the bosses of the pack.

Are you aware of the significance of this victory?

“After arriving, I had a moment of chaos. After the violent efforts of the sprint, I was elsewhere. I am beginning to realize that I did (he speaks an hour after arrival, ed.) This is the Tour de France. And this is only my third win on the road in my third pro season. It’s amazing. With time and days pass, I tell myself that I will realize what I have achieved. ”

You’ve allowed yourself to attack Froome, the boss of the Tour, on two occasions in the final. It was daring, right?

“I have not a great culture of road cycling. This was also the case in mountain biking. Maybe that’s why, even though I am a humble, I also the base. Froome, he has two legs like me. It’s a great champion, certainly much better than me. But what makes the beauty of the bike on the road, c ‘is that we can beat anyone running right. I had also a very good feeling. ”

Did you plan your attack on the last climb? Was it a planned tactic this morning?

“Partly, yes. This step, I had checked. As I had checked the wall of Huy (3rd Monday, ed.) I am not a runner who rubs but when required I take my courage in both hands and try to place me. Thank you also to Ben Gastauer who helped me in the final. I really wanted to win and not just a place like in Huy. That’s why I attacked twice. ”

reproached you lack confidence. What do you think?

“I do not agree. I remain humble in relation to my brief past on the road, that’s all. I’m running benchmarks, but I’m learning and I draw from my leaders (Bardet, Péraud). These are excellent runners alongside whom I learn. But I will not hesitate to take my chance and take risks. I give perhaps the feel little ambitious. But no, just, I remain cautious. I do not have the shoulders to lead a team and be a leader. This may come but I prefer to learn my craft gradually runner “.

Who do you think after this success?

“My thoughts are with my famillle and my father that I lost there three years. I hope he is proud of me. It was passionate true. I only wish that he lives now. I also think of my coaches and of course Daniel Germond (a businessman, philanthropist, Jura who took his salary support, ie) which allowed me to stay in cycling. ”

Can we draw a parallel between you and your teammate Jean-Christophe Péraud which also comes from the ATV?

” Jean-Christophe was Olympic silver medalist in mountain biking. Not me. He made the podium in the World Cup. Not me. He was second in the Tour de France. Not me. I’m still far from his record. ”

But the ATV was used today (Saturday), right?

“It’s obvious. For bikers, we work very violent these efforts. We climb very high power. Peter Sagan is another example. MTB form good climbers and good punchers. This is a very good school. ”

LikeTweet

No comments:

Post a Comment