Wednesday, July 8, 2015

Gasquet: “We’re back to the same crap” – Sports.fr

Eight years later, Richard Gasquet is back in the semifinals of Wimbledon. However, the Biterrois refuses to speak of a “new Richard Gasquet”. Not at all.

Richard Gasquet can be proud of him. Led two sets to one and then unable to confirm the break in the fifth set when serving for the match, the Habs finally came to grips with Stan Wawrinka 11-9 in the deciding set and winning his ticket to the semifinals Wimbledon.

“I really put the gum in the fourth because I was not happy with the way the match. If I had stayed passive, I would have taken four sets and nothing would have gone crazy, he has also acknowledged at a news conference in comments reported by lequipe.fr. I really wanted to avoid that. There was a very big fifth set. I am very proud to have been able to win. It feels good, especially against a player like him who just won Roland Garros. “

I’m not the intruder.

Richard Gasquet

And especially when you look at the other three players qualified for the semifinals. “It’s wonderful to meet up with players like that (Federer, Djokovic, Murray) in the semifinals of the biggest tournament in the world, he has admitted. But I’m not the intruder. I already did (go in the semifinals), albeit much less frequently than they do. They, they have 17 (Federer), 8 (Djokovic) and 2 (Murray) major titles. I have three halves, it’s different. “

Three halves of which now two to Wimbledon, the first already up to eight years and successful equally Homeric against Andy Roddick in the quarterfinals. From there to talk (yet) of a “Richard Gasquet again” … “I have often heard that word. Every time I win a match, I hear it. We leave in the same shit behind. I’ll avoid that. ” However, the Biterrois acknowledges take even more pleasure from his back injury last season. “The back, it was very painful. I’m happy to be on the court. I love play tennis, I’m a fan of tennis. Being on the court and play at 100%, this is the most important. Living emotions like that, you have to enjoy it. “

LikeTweet

No comments:

Post a Comment