Marcelo Bielsa at the stage of the Route de Lorient, in Rennes-OM 7 f & # XE9, February 2015.
Marcelo Bielsa at the stage of the Route de Lorient, in Rennes-OM 7 February 2015. – AFP PHOTO / DAMIEN MEYER
* Antoine Maes

Marcelo Bielsa himself as an “average driver” on Friday at a two-day match against Lyon decisive for the title, and said he had “made concessions” to the group hit of “mental fatigue”.

Do you be able to win this game and how did you prepare?

Yes, of course we can win, given the quality of our players, their character and ambition. After the defeat at Caen, most of the work has focused on the correction of errors that were made in that game. This week, the preparation work has been done about Sunday’s game. In all ways we are in a stage where the group’s self is the priority.



Can you explain the term self-management?

Sometimes the impetus to develop the skills to meet the needs of high-level originate in the technical staff, and sometimes it’s at the initiative of the players. At the moment, it’s the players who have the initiative. I see this as a sign of maturity and growth. When a group does not need to take orders to make the necessary, because there is internal impulse to solve problems, the intervention of the coach is not necessary. After the victory of Caen, it has been said that the coach’s requirements have led to fatigue, rejection. I read these messages and I have tried to answer satisfactorily.



Do you suffer from this challenge?

The authority still suffers diminish. From what we are currently analyzing the most significant is that the defeat weakens the requirements that the coach passes. (…) I have made concessions that weakened my way of doing things, so that it continues to move forward. When we see that efforts have not produced the desired effect, there is a natural tendency to distance themselves from what produces no result. After three draws and a defeat, there was this. When we see that that did not give the desired result, there are two paths: empower those who implement or revise the instructions that are given. The team earned three points from four games against opponents with fewer opportunities. I chose to review the instructions, I listened to what felt interpreters, and I have included their opinions in the analyzes. Recognize the need to vary the tools required to accept the loss of self-esteem, which in my case might be oversized by external valuation that was my job. I’ve always known I was medium and poor, and I want to say that I knew a lot of what I use as method produces unwanted effects.