Tuesday, October 7, 2014

Girard is it really that bad? – The Equipe.fr

Between a verbal sparring through the media with Pierre Menes and a strained relationship with the referees, René Girard saw a early season agitated. Lille coach was sent off for the second time this season Sunday at Lyon (0-3) to have arrested the assistant referee after the opening of Alexander Lacazette score. These sanctions feed the poor reputation of the technician, champion of France in 2012 with Montpellier. His son and deputy, Nicolas Girard, one of his friends, Jacques Vendroux and a professional sport psychology shed light the character.

Man “whole” and “excessive”

Jacques Vendroux (friend of René Girard and Sports Director of Radio France): “The problem is that Rene is a whole man. This is a faithful guy friendship, excessive, uncompromising with him as with others. As soon as there was the slightest confused, he does not support. It has an emotional connection with all the people he loves and with whom he works. Emotional is still excessive “
Nicolas Girard (son and assistant of René Girard.):” There is a public figure, it transmits an image without knowing who he really is. In the life of every day, it’s something else, it’s much closer, it’s more nuanced. With the public man, we do not go into details. We do not try to understand why there is such and such a reaction “
François Ducasse (mental coach).” It’s like those timid people who, when they angry, are hurricanes. It’s probably a hyper sensitive; he struggles to control himself. When is the competition, the wolf in him wakes “
In the words of René Girard himself * .” Pretend I do not. It has often been reproached. Shaking hands with a smile, thinking, “Fuck you enc …” I can not do “

The polemicist

Jacques Vendroux : “(When Girard made statements) it is because he thinks! Rene, he tells the truth, even when it is difficult to hear. It’s not the computer. It is natural. With it, you go to war. You have reports of a man, you can count on him. However, it reminds me of Michel Platini, is to say that he likes or does not like. And then the guy knows, he understands. It changes or does not change. If he does not change, he’s dead “
Nicolas Girard .” When he is on a lot, he puts on the costume of a competitor, that’s what sometimes polemic of person. He’s not playing, he is sincere in everything he does. Following is sure that there are blunders, but it does not compute. He did not want to know. This is the pulse (…) This is a very cleaving, controversial. He has periods where he is able to control and some not, it’s a human being. Currently, it is a period where we play a lot of games, it connects, we are very tired; players, we are also less lucid “
In the words of René Girard himself. *: ” The TV has changed our business. We see everything now. And it feeds the controversy. But the controversy, it has with whoever we want. I’m in a group of people doing the controversy when they sneeze. As soon as I do or I say something, it becomes: “It’s nonsense, it’s Girard, we know it. ‘”

Paranoid

Jacques Vendroux :” It’s the truth, it pays buffer that has as a player, he pays his playful side on the bench. Referees know him, watching him. They will not monitor Gourvennec, White or Jardim. They will monitor those who may be angry at any moment “
Nicolas Girard .” His feeling is certainly true. It is in Ligue 1 for six years, the referees are starting to know. It’s a bit of a vicious circle. Some will tell you that it is more secure because he deserves it more than others. I do not think this is the crux of the problem, but it may be problematic to run if things are not moving in the right direction. “
In the words of René Girard himself *: “I’m not paranoid when I say that I am more guarded than others by the arbitrators. I’m not saying they resent me, but when I go to the Disciplinary Committee (LFP), I come back with the basket a little more full than another. I perhaps deserved too … But I try to understand that I am not that much. “



His relationship with his / h2 picture <>

Jacques Vendroux : “His image he could not care less. This is René Girard, he made a magnificent playing career, he made a good coaching career (…) He is a highly sought. “
Nicolas Girard “Is what you could completely fuck image you convey when someone is exposed, especially when this is not the image we want to return, it is what is not really? The important thing for him is to be recognized and loved by his family. I do not think it is in foute, but its image is not as important to him “
In the words of René Girard himself. *: “Oh yes, I can detach myself from my picture or I would have thrown myself Pont du Gard long ago! I try to erase the negative, but we completely redone in a lifetime? I think not. “



Does it change?

François Ducasse : “We need to know if they think it is detrimental to their job? Why it does not evolve? Either he believes that it is like that, or he’s in denial. When I coach people like that, I tell them anyway, you will not change, it’s your character. By cons, you can make small adjustments. For example, when he feels he is enraged, it differs when it will speak “
Nicolas Girard .” He’s 60, he does will not happen again at this age. It seeks to improve on some points, but somehow he did not deny himself. I think he’s trying to fix some things, but it’s someone impulsive, momentum is difficult to control, especially at his age. He will not repeat at 60 “
In the words of René Girard himself. *: ” You never change me. It is through this character that I became what I am, that people trusted me, inspired me, as Michel (Hidalgo), Kader (Firoud) or Beloved (Jacquet). I am not dumber than another but I can not always be the right way to know uses. Whatever I do, I will never be a nice. “

* Interview by Team October 18, 2012

LikeTweet

No comments:

Post a Comment