Thursday, October 9, 2014

Andy Schleck stops on a huge mess – Sports.fr

Andy Schleck announced Thursday the end of his career with the professionals. The rider of the Trek team, 29 years old, stopped competing because of physical problems repeatedly, especially in the knee.

Andy Schleck puts an end to his career as a professional cyclist. Approached for several days, the announcement of his retirement was made official on Thursday during a press conference. “ I will not be a professional rider from 2015 It’s my knee that made the decision for me. Cycling is finished. I can still ride a bike as a tourist, or perhaps be a little better. But it will not be the sport at a high level , “he told the Luxembourger, near tears before reporters.

It’s hard, but it is the only solution

Andy Schleck

I’m really sad to stop my career like that. J ‘wish to fight again but my knee does not allow it. since my fall in Britain (during the third stage of the Tour de France, ed), there was no progress. ligaments have healed, but still damaged cartilage. I worked hard in rehabilitation of my knee, but I realized that there was a risk of irreversible injury. It’s hard, but it is the only solution , “said Schleck.

The younger of the Schleck brothers went through the last three seasons as a ghost because of repeated injuries. Having fallen at the Amstel Gold Race, he was dropped at the beginning of the Tour de France again, with a break in the ligaments of the knee to the Runner key. talented, hatched by his older Fränk, who still roll the next season for Trek team, Andy Schleck won the Tour in 2010 after Liège-Bastogne-Liège decommissioning of Alberto Contador., won in 2009, is also on his list.

Despite the disappointment to leave the squad so early, Schleck said already have in mind ideas about his future. “ At my age, you can still do many things in his life and I still have plenty of opportunities. I already have ideas of what I am doing but I will not reveal my plans today , “said he said.

LikeTweet

No comments:

Post a Comment