Friday, January 2, 2015

Liverpool. Steven Gerrard open letter to a legend – Ouest-France

“When I am dying, do not take me to the hospital. Take me to Anfield. This is where I was born and this is where I will die “ . Oh Stevie … I so loved this sentence, pronounced it a few years ago that I believed. To the end. I wanted to see you finish your career on Merseyside, see you put on and this splendid red suit and see you walk to the beat of It’s All Over Now until the end of time.

A legend that breathes football

But you ended up taking another decision. You’re going to leave Liverpool and England to finish your dazzling career in other lands. Probably in a second class championship like the American MLS, had also rubbed in his time David Beckham. Another legend. It makes me sad but I can not blame you. You have done so much for Liverpool, you have given so much to football!

Differently from Beckham, there … You’re not a celebrity, you are not under the spotlight. .. You, you breathe football, true. Slide tackling the angry fist, rant, potatoes 25 meters, manly smell of the locker room and loyalty to your heart club, you’re leaving so soon.

But you don ‘ are not that … Otherwise we would have reduced your career to that of a barker old. Chic. You’re also the class, elegance and an incredibly gifted player. Ha, your cross 30 or 40 meters, carefully distilled, still in the feet of your partner. Wonderful for who appreciates the beautiful gestures.



A match made history

If I have to keep only remember you as the Reds jersey, it will necessarily this match in Istanbul a night in May 2005. This is the final of the Champions League and at halftime, Liverpool 3-0 led by AC Milan. Before my student small TV, I do not lead off. Some friends leave the party because there is clearly no hope of this game. Besides, who still dares to believe that a turnaround is possible? You, no doubt.

The legend tells that it was you who took the floor in the locker room at halftime, relegating the coach to the rank simple spectator. Let your speech shook the walls, he gave chills … It’s true, is it? In any case, you showed the way in the field. You bring it 3-1 and your friends are up to the rest behind the penalty shoot goal that you end up winning. Liverpool won the Champions League … For me it was a childhood dream. For you too, I guess.

Two years later, I looked at the remake of the game, always in the final, in the bar of Liverpool supporters in Belfast. What a night, what happiness to communicate to you through interposed screens, in joy and defeat.

In 2014, in Rio, I ignored the television to see you. In Belo Horizonte, I had an appointment with you, my idol. You had lost your beautiful, but you were there. You were replacing, but you were there. I saw you in the flesh because I also was there. A few tens of meters, but I was there. And just for that, for your last game for England, it was worth it.



It’s All Over Now

Today, you decide t ‘ go. Leaving your club. Liverpool will never ever be the same without you. There was the Beatles and Steven Gerrard. Two immortal symbol of this city of music and football. Who will take this torch tomorrow?

You go quietly finish your career away from this concern. No doubt you coming back one day, in another role.

Until that blessed day and no matter where you are, know that you are always welcome and you never walk alone.

LikeTweet

No comments:

Post a Comment