Friday, November 21, 2014

Tsonga: “I’m whistling in my own country” – Le Monde

Le Monde | • Updated | Interview

& quot; JWT & quot; regretted that the public does not support more, Friday, Nov. 21, at his loss to Stan Wawrinka in the final of the Davis Cup.

contrasting reactions of the various French and Swiss players at the end of the first day of the final of the Davis Cup, saw each team register a point. Obviously, the winners (Wawrinka, Monfils) smile, the defeated (Tsonga, Federer) wince, even if Roger Federer appeared very relaxed press conference. Here is what was said by the players on both sides, as well as the French captain after this noisy and exciting day

Read. Gael Monfils returns the scoreline

Gael Monfils (France): “I feel that it bothers Federer, then it must be done”

On the pressure at such a meeting: “Honestly, I’m really tense before the game, and finally I get on the ground, there is the atmosphere, a bit of success on the first two or three points, the pressure decreases. There is the pressure of the match, but the real pressure, it is forgotten. Today I was lucky that it happens very quickly. “

On his tendency to ask the public to make noise: ” It was necessary. I feel that it bothers [Federer]. I need it, so it must be done. It is rare that we can push against Roger public, it almost never happens. We’re home, you should take advantage. It is not easy to have 27,000 people shouting behind. “

Federer, decreased or not? “It’s really hard, because I do not necessarily look. I start with a principle and more with Roger: if it comes out a lot, is that he thinks he can beat you. It is not entered in the final of Masters, and he went there, he thought it was winning. At first I looked at the radar, it served to 200 km / h. Roger Federer, he is stronger than me, quotes. Here he is hurt. Like any athlete, he can rest. Today I had a little more success. At the beginning of the match, it was perhaps a little less feeling after five days without playing. But I am a knife. Decreased? I do not know. “

At what level is this game in his career: ” It is sure that it is in the top 3 of the best matches of my life. A Davis Cup final, France, against Roger, the fact that I managed to do a performance from A to Z. The other two? The first time I beat my father, and then I often say, my best match is a 6-3 defeat, 7-6 against Lleyton Hewitt at Bercy in 2004. In terms of atmosphere, memories of my level, even if I played worse today. “

Captain Roger Federer and Severin Lüthi, after the defeat of the Swiss Maestro face Gael Monfils, Friday, Nov. 21 in Villeneuve d'Ascq in the final of the Davis Cup.

Roger Federer (Switzerland). ” I have not played enough on clay “

“My back does not bother me a shot in particular, it was just a sort of general fear, as so often when returning from injury, especially in the back. With advancing the game, I started to relax a little, I could make very good services. I needed to relax, slide, play attacking tennis also. I gathered the information I was looking for, and I was able to relax and get better as the game. Then, the problem is mainly that I had not played enough on clay. Towards the end of the match, I did not think about my back. I am ready to [play three days in a row], if we ever think this is the best choice. I know that now there is less risk that a few days ago and this morning. I still expect great things from me, I do not want to just make games like today, that’s not why I’m here. Gael, I know, it is not now it will surprise me! He failed to give me the same score at the US Open, where I was in good shape [ Federer had finally prevailed in five sets , in Last September, in the quarterfinals ] . So even 100%, I knew it would be difficult. He made his match as he was, the circumstances were not clear to him either. “

Jo-Wilfried Tsonga (France): ” means practically that the Swiss French in the stadium “

“Stan has done a very good match. There is nothing else to say. He was better than me today, simply. Obviously, I could have had a service percentage a little higher, I could have hit maybe a little stronger, but I did with what I had today. Unfortunately, it was not enough. For now, I am still reeling from the disappointment. I want to redeem myself, I did not want to stay on this defeat. The atmosphere? The presentation of the teams, [Swiss fans] cheer Stan more than us, they cheer more than Roger us … And finally, the Swiss mean practically the French in the stadium. It’s a bit hard. On a disputed ball where Stan just said it was foul when it is good, I’ll just watch the brand and I’m whistling in my own country! Not by the French, but the Swiss, and nobody says anything … Yes, it is a bit annoying! It’s annoying, but it’s also up to us to pick up the French by the quality of our game. I have not managed to do today, perhaps it is related to this. I hope the next games, it will spin! “

Stan Wawrinka, finger in the air after his victory over Jo-Wilfried Tsonga, Friday, Nov. 21 in Villeneuve d'Ascq in the final of the Davis Cup.

Stan Wawrinka (Switzerland). ” The French were focused on Roger and me had perhaps be forgotten “

” Today, I was the best on the court. I did not expect that Jo gave me the game, I pushed, shoved and he could not impose her game. In terms of level of play, this is one of my best games Cup Davis. I was very nervous before the start of the meeting, and Roger back injury put me extra pressure but for me it was important to win this game to show that I was there. The French had focused on Roger and had perhaps forgotten me … We will take stock after the match Roger and he feels ready to play three days, we align both double tomorrow. The match against Tsonga was challenging because of the pressure and all that was around but it was not very long so I’m ready. As for Roger, he was a little hesitant against Monfils, this is normal. He played on clay after twenty minutes and after thirty minutes, so he spent more time on the field, it will be more beneficial to her game. “

Arnaud Clement, team captain of France: “Have you seen a Federer who could not move? “

” We are prepared to play the Swiss team in top form and that’s it. Today, Gael returned to the field to play a great Roger Federer. He focused a lot on his game by being attentive to the tactics that would be used in front of him and he did very well. The best way to grow is to hope that the player will be injured or face will not succeed to move. Have you seen a Roger Federer who could not move or not to defend? No, I do not think, if you have not seen the same thing. We saw a Roger Federer who has made mistakes, which was vague, which made a lot of unforced errors at times, but maybe I’m wrong. In the quality of its movement, we saw no embarrassment over his back. “ does he think will be the dual Swiss Federer / Wawrinka? “I’m pretty sure, but again, maybe I’m wrong. “

LikeTweet

No comments:

Post a Comment